

We had an interesting discussion regarding Christ's admonishment to his disciples "to not cast your pearls before swine." Well, I've been thinking about that and may have some thoughts on the subject that go beyond our discussion. I'll update this post again and flesh those thoughts out. At the same time I'd like to "jab" you guys and say that since you don't visit my web site much, don't hardly ever make comments, I sometimes feel that I am blogging to myself. Am I casting my pearls of wisdom before swine? Are you the swine or am I the Pig!? The photos above are kind of fun. The sow is from Wikapedia and the giant "Pigzilla" is from a web search. I remember when that kid was the talk of the Internet news outlets. We all thought it was wild before word came out that it was originally owned by a family and was a pet of sorts. Its name was "Fred" or some such thing. Oh, My! THE KID CALLED FREDDY OVER TO HIM AND SHOT HIM IN THE HEAD! I think the dad and his son felt they were pretty "wild at heart", but I'm not so sure Fred was. There is a fairness thing going on here...I think. Did shotting Fred with a high powered pistol make this young boy "more of a man?" Is this a legitimate form of passage to manhood? Interestingly there is significant disagreement on this point.
3 comments:
Wow Bruce... love the picture of the hog. I imagine if I saw that thing in the woods it would scare me silly.
That pig is the size of a small elephant!
Good to see that you and I share similar thoughts on "Wild at Heart." I couldn't help but feel more disgusted with the premises of the book the further I got into it.
His 'wonderful' comment on turning the other cheek also frustrated me a great deal.
I've realized more and more how Christian women are trained through the church and their families to accept their subservient role within the Kingdom. I've had countless discussions with amazing, intelligent, wonderful women at Westmont, who see their spiritual and professional role as solely to complement their husband. When in all truth, these amazing women could be leading their future husband with their passion for Christ and the world.
Post a Comment