


I have a huge family Bible that textually is the original version of the Bible commissioned by King James I. It has photographs, of the highest quality, painted by Rembrandt. The paintings are of classic and important scenes described throughout the Bible, both New and Old Testaments. This Bible is unusual in that it has the Matthew 5-7 record of Jesus's sermon printed twice. Once is rightly placed within the text of the Book of Matthew. The second record within the binding is as unique as it is beautiful. It is hard to miss. At the very beginning of the New Testament are bound heavy, parchment like, gold/yellow pages that are boardered by elaborate, colorful, middle ages artwork. With beautiful colligraphic print containing only Matthew's account of that sermon found in chapters five through seven, these pages and their content stand out. The Bible literally falls open to those pages and Christ's words every time you place it on a table. Someone most have thought those words pretty special to have given them such "royal treatment." We discovered in our small group that they are spiritually, and profoundly important words.
2 comments:
I whole-heartedly agree with this post. Jesus turned the world upside down with what he said in those few short chapters. That said I feel we should try and finish it up next week if at all possible.
Ditto to what Peter said.
I do think we should try to finish this next week, but not at the cost of skimming over something that could be extremely beneficial.
Post a Comment