Love Those Stringed Instruments.

Love Those Stringed Instruments.
Wood Made More Beautiful Than Ever

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What A Difference A Month Makes!

It is difficult to believe that the back of winter has finally been broken.  When you are going through it, chopping ice, shoveling and blowing snow, the cold and snow seems so permanent.  The sun is so low on the southern horizon during this period it feels as it it has no power to penetrate anything.  We feel that we are "on our own."  Two months ago I had a hard time imagining that I would ever be free of the bonds of Christmas 2009's snow storm that dropped a couple of feet of wet snow and then froze solid for the next fourteen weeks.  I've blistered my hands and injured my back multiple times digging and chopping through the thick two to three inches of ice on our driveway and porch.  If you look carefully at the top photo you will notice on the far left corner of the house an icicle which grew to over eight feet in length.

The sun has come back.  I rejoice in knowing that its power is so great that it not only melted my driveway, it melted everyone's; every sidewalk, every street, every forest, and as of today, almost every lake in the state is ice free.  I've got my 2010 fishing license already.  I can't wait to get out and hammer them.

The sun is back.  Spring is renewed.  The majesty of the sun is breath taking.  How much more breath taking is the knowledge that the creator of the sun, the universe, loves us so much that in the midst of all nature's power, He sees me as significant.