In the past year I have been focusing on the support raising side of the puzzle, the critical element needed to put "boots on the ground." Thanks to many wonderful people we've reached critical mass and am now able to move forward. Support raising never ends. It is a process. Contacting new people and maintaining contact with those who currently support Timber Bay will be as important to the ministry as breathing is to life. I enjoy this aspect of the ministry very much. It is not hard to talk about young people who are in need. I look forward to our support base growing along with the population of youth who attend our programs.
The development of volunteer staff is now beginning. In the past year I've spoken with a number of adults, from college age on up, who have a heart for at risk youth. We will be contacting them in the near future, filling out forms, doing back ground research, and interviewing in detail. It will be exciting to see what the Lord brings to the ministry with regards to volunteers, their spiritual gifts, and passion for at risk youth.
Off we go! Moving from strength to strength, with hope and prayer.
I wonder who that first young person will be? Please pray for that specific youth!
2 comments:
No better man for the job than Super Bruce! All kidding aside, I think this a great fit for you!
Hey Bruce,
Really excited for you. You are going to have an amazing impact on the lives of youth. I can imagine it is going to be extremely difficult, but that you will truly find career fulfillment (among many other things) in the process.
Post a Comment