
Life is all about school, at least that is the way it seems when you are young. By young I mean that you are still in school. Those of us who are out of school, well we are old I guess. I love this picture of the teacher done by Norman Rockwell. My wife I had a copy of it hanging in our bedroom for years and years. My wife was and is an excellent teacher. I always projected her into the picture and myself into the desks as I starred at it. Education is such a huge part of our lives. It is perhaps the greatest cultivating tool we have in developing youth into healthy, functioning adults. In the early stages we humans are relatively passive to the experience dealing with what we have been dealt. As we grow older there is more and more interaction with the process until finally, as prospective college students, we have ultimate say as to what direction we want our education to take us. And that was the question at the core of our discussion last night. What college should I go to? Are there differences in colleges? If there are differences what differences should we look at? Where would I go if I could afford any school? What will be the limiting factors in our lives that will mold our percieved outcomes to education? Should I go to a local school or out of state? Should I go to a Christian school or should I go secular? What does a major mean? What is a minor? What type of work can I get with the degree that I obtain? Should I pursue liberal arts education or should I be more directed and specific in what I choose to learn? What can I afford? What can my parents afford? Where will I be in five years? Interesting talk. The steaks are pretty high no doubt.
No comments:
Post a Comment