Love Those Stringed Instruments.

Love Those Stringed Instruments.
Wood Made More Beautiful Than Ever

Friday, April 11, 2008

Remembering Martin Luther King Jr. Forty Years Later: A LIFE "Bookazine" worth owning.



To all of my friends and relatives; If you have an opportunity, I highly recommend that you visit your local book store and purchase a copy of this documentary, special edition of LIFE. The quality of the photographic work and the historical account of Martin Luther King Jr.'s life during the civil rights movement is educational, historically crucial, and emotionally moving. This is a collectible edition. It is much better quality than simply a magazine. The publisher refers to the work as a "bookazine" as it is not quite a book yet way beyond being a simple periodical. It will be a permanent part of my library and I have embossed it with my personal library stamp as I have some of my finest editions, which include a personally signed, leather bound edition of "Long Walk To Freedom" by Nelson Mandela. You can also find the LIFE work on Amazon.com and there were multiple references to it when I did a Google search. Strike now while the iron is hot. Don't wait to find them all sold out. I just finished reading it this evening and it was an hour and a half well...no, wonderfully spent. I continue on with my reading of the Taylor Branch trilogy about the civil rights movement. I am about to start the third "At Canaan's Edge". LIFE's stunning black and white photography enhanced my reading exponentially.

No comments: