
So, here is the ethical question of the day. Is it ethical or even "very nice" to have a long time friend, who hasn't talked to you in over six months, who you care about, love a lot, who when he calls your heart leaps for joy, who has remained a good friend and brother in Christ through thick and thin...is it ethical for him to call you one day and announce to you that you have "spelled decision" wrong on your blog? So what if "decision" is spelled with only one "s". Perhaps it was just a typographical error. Maybe I have trouble with ddoubblle constantents.....is this a bruise of a friend, or is this plain mean and unethical? Let me know what you think.
3 comments:
I think it is definately not an encouraging thing to do. Now I couldn't tell if you were being slightly tough-in-cheek, but it seemed like this did hurt you. I think I would be hurt as well. Did he call for any other reason? Was the spelling mistake just an excuse to call an old friend?
Josh
Dear Josh, This friend...he is my good buddy. We met this Christmas holiday at his home and I with my wife, her brother and his wife, dinned and talked and laughed and shared our lives again. After forty years of friendship you can talk and tease one another fearlessly. This we do. He called me to invite me to his house. We accepted the invitation. He simply was "jabbing me" in good fun. My "Ethics" article is not yet complete. I posted what I posted to tease him back. He hasn't responded, so I don't think he has been back on the blog. Sadly, you guys do not visit it hardly at all. This has caused me to lose my passion for it. I don't want to be typing to myself. What are your thoughts about that in the future? Should I continue? Thanks for placing your comment though. I am glad to have you on my side.
Ahhh. I didn't realize you were teasing him back. That would explain the tongue-in-cheekness.
I'm am very sad that you are not posted as much as you used to. I honestly checked it every week for quite some time. Perhaps we can discuss it tonight. It provoked many excellent questions.
Post a Comment