
One would think that the "New Year" would start on January the first. Not so! For me the new year is the beginning of the Sunday morning class for the 7th through 9th grade men at church. It is also when the 10th through 12th grade men's group starts meeting on Sunday night for their small group Bible study. We took off with the younger men in our new "digs" at the elementary school near by. We have the entire gym to ourselves. There is plenty of floor for smooth and or crash landings. We do miss our old room. One thing was apparent; we have room to grow. So, we prayed about this matter and are going to trust the Lord to bring more friends to the class to study Scripture together and share our lives. Instead of making someone who answers a questions with "that question" doing push ups...we decided that running laps could be the way to go. Maybe we could have the culprit run "heart attacks" between the center court line and the base line? Look out now. Plug in your brains or you will be running and running hard!
This coming Sunday night should be the kick off for the older men. I am looking forward to this time together very much. Many of the members of last year's group have moved to serving the junior high "Oasis" team that night and will no longer be able to attend. I am sad that they will not be with us, but I am glad that they are serving the Lord in this time and not wasting it. It is never a waste to lovingly reach down to those younger than yourself and help them up and along. I am sure that there will be others who will be able to join us and I look forward to meeting them and getting off the ground. This is my favorite time of the year! It doesn't get any better than this.
As the season is upon us we will get this blog out to everyone. Please read the title vision and the first post entitled "Humble Beginnings." This will give you a sense of what we are attempting to do with this sight. If you have time to read others that would be good and I'd love your comments. We will be posting reviews of our discussions, dates of events, questions that have come up, and other general information as it comes to us. Please access the sight multiple times per week as I hope to make multiple entries as the week progresses to the upcoming Sunday classes.
No comments:
Post a Comment