Love Those Stringed Instruments.

Love Those Stringed Instruments.
Wood Made More Beautiful Than Ever

Friday, July 20, 2007

Hail 14,000! Hail the Dow Jones Average!




I wrote this as a response to an article on AOL praising and questioning a new all time high reached by the stock market on July 19, 2007. I posted it on AOL and saw my work there, but a couple of hours later it was deleted though the other entries around it remained. Go figure. I just thought I'd let you guys look at it and comment if you so desire. I'll let it speak for itself, but you might find it a little politically threatening. I am willing to be challenged. Take me on. It will be fun.

The rich remain rich and prosper more. The poor remain poor, not poorer, just flat poor. The stocks are hot potatoes. They get warm, warmer, exciting, then too hot. As they begin to glow white from their heat (perhaps we are almost there) those who are best at the game drop them on those less expert. The great players remain__rich, and the others, well, they oft times get burned. Wages go down. Hopes for an early retirement gone, back most of us go to reality...creating our own livings with our hands, minds, and mostly time. Seems the money ends up in the same pockets and never really ends up changing the lives of those who are of lesser means. Yachts get bigger, hotels rise higher, Airbus builds ever bigger planes, Boeing ever faster, more efficient ones. More ways of taking others money are invented either by Madison or Pennsylvania Avenues. The control stays in the circle...the circle of the rich and the educated. I can not get too excited about the market...we celebrate ourselves, we don't help others. We celebrate the bigger house, the blacker BMW, the awesome HD wide screen in our entertainment rooms. But, real never seems to change much. When the bubble (illusion) bursts we cry for ourselves. I don't play, perhaps I am a fool, perhaps I am not smart enough, perhaps I know my limits, perhaps I've watched the system enough to know better. I have to keep reminding myself to not store up my treasures where moth and rust destroy. There are few things more rusty and moth eaten, less trust worthy, than our stock markets. Still, I guess I'll vote Republican again. I always have...somethings never change (maybe). But, I keep thinking...one can't eat carbon fibre or drink ethanol for breakfast. And, silicone chips go lousy with Easy Cheese.

No comments: